GCI Refrigeration Technologies is experienced in designing and customizing industrial cooling equipment suited for a wide range of applications. Our portable, heavy-duty -75°F air-condensing chillers provide trusted efficiency, superior safety, and long-term dependability in specialized production facilities.
Portable, Heavy-Duty -75°F Air-Condensing Chillers
With cooling capacities of up to -75°F, our extra-low-temperature chillers are built to accommodate even the most rigorous processes. Designed to securely contain and accurately manage the temperature control process, air-condensing chillers can help contribute to faster, more effective cooling procedures and safer working environments for personnel. Their portability allows for easy transport throughout your facility, making them a cost-effective choice.
Customizable Extra-Low-Temperature Chillers
We make each of our chillers with our own standard components, and additional elements are available for industry-specific customization. Optional features include outdoor and split systems, fully stainless steel models for food production, deionized water systems, oversized tanks, special pumps and currents, weatherproofing, and company-approved paint colors. Custom chillers are our specialty, so please call us about integrating your particular requirements.
Since 1965, GCI Refrigeration Technologies has been designing industrial chillers for customers nationwide. To speak to our team about customizing a portable, heavy-duty -75°F air-condensing chiller for your facility, request more information online or by phone today at (225) 926-6950.
- Steel frame and covers - Structural steel frame helps protect chiller from impact damage. Removable steel panels allow access for routine inspection and maintenance. Compact design. Casters standard for easy moves.
- Long-life semi-hermetic compressor - Accessible semi-hermetic compressor are designed for heavy-duty refrigeration service.
- Hot Gas Bypass - Eliminates the constant on-off compressor plugging that results in excessive component wear and unnecessary electric power usage. Delivers more precise temperature control.
- Job-specific evaporators - GCI will fit an evaporator selected specifically for your application. It may be GCI's own Coilmatic™ high-efficiency evaporator, a special low-flow evaporator, or a brazed plate evaporator.
- Stainless steel pump - Complete corrosion resistance. Centrifugal circulating pump has high-efficiency impeller, centerline connections, mechanical seal. Built especially for low temperature fluids.
- Special refrigeration - XLT chillers are equipped with subcoolers, and oil separators to assure proper performance at sub-zero temperatures. To minimize heat gain from the ambient, all XLT machines are triple insulated.
- Brazed copper piping throughout - Long-lasting. No plastic to get brittle. No ferrous metals to rust. Bronze valves. Fully-insulated.
- Microprocessor control - Easy-to-use digital thermostat, plus high- and low-pressure gauge, tank sight tube, and internal refrigerant sight glass.
- Safety package - Includes high/low refrigerant pressure safety switch, pressure relief device, motor overload protection, line and control circuit fuses, pump switch interlock.
- ChillersDirect™ - Another GCI benefit to help keep your investment to a minimum. Deal directly with the factory. Talk to experts who can help make sure you get just the right chiller for your needs. Not too much. Not too little.
- Ready-to-install - DS Series Icewagon chillers are shipped ready to hook up and run. Installation is simple, usually involving only electrical and liquid connections. Free telephone support is there if you need help.
- Options - Outdoor and split systems. Fully stainless models for food applications. DI water, heaters, special paint, lower temperature models, oversize tanks, special pumps, special currents, special weatherproofing. Call us with your requirement. Custom chillers are our specialty.
- We offer our extra-low-temperature chillers in four models based on capacity, and they're each designed for specialized industrial applications. With capacities ranging from 0°F to -75°F, these chillers contribute to efficiency in the production of the following:
- Plastics and rubber
- Metal working
- Nuclear Science
- Ceramic manufacturing
- Vapor recovery
- Cannabis extraction
- Food and meat industries for separating meat from bones (reconstituted meats)