No matter what industry you're in, there's a good chance that your company relies on chillers in day-to-day operations. GCI Refrigeration Technologies offers water cooled chillers and other reliable refrigeration equipment that can be custom-built to your specific needs.
Features of Water Cooled Chillers
Our water cooled chillers are built to the highest standards and include all the features you need for any industrial application. They're an investment that's built to last: a structural steel frame helps protect chillers from impact damage, and removable steel panels allow access for routine inspection and maintenance. The stainless steel pumps are resistant to corrosion. These centrifugal circulating pumps have high-efficiency impellers, centerline connections, and mechanical seals. With bronze valves and long-lasting, fully-insulated brazed copper piping throughout, you won't have to worry about ferrous metals rusting or plastic getting brittle. Despite their durability, our chillers have a compact design with casters for easy moves.
Types of Water Cooled Chillers
We have numerous types of water cooled chillers, and we can help you find the right one. In fact, we offer ChillersDirect™ to help keep your investment to a minimum. By dealing directly with the factory, you can consult with the experts who can help you get just the right chiller for your needs. You won't have to worry about overspending or not getting the features you truly need.
Our most popular type of water cooled chiller is the versatile family of DS Series Icewagon™ chillers. These chillers are engineered for any general application where performance, cost, and operating flexibility are key requirements. We have both air and water condensing models, and the series comes with compressors sized from 1 to 12 hp to meet a broad range of industrial cooling needs. Ruggedly-built, yet compact in size, the DS series incorporates many of the features found on larger, more expensive chillers. These chillers are custom-built to your order, so we'll incorporate the features and options you need. If the Icewagon™ series won't work for you, we'll help you find a different type of heavy duty industrial chiller or another option that does. We also offer tailor-made industrial chillers built to your exact specifications.
Call GCI Refrigeration Technologies today at (225) 926-6950 to request more information on our water cooled chillers or other products.
- Long-life hermetic compressor: Welded hermetic compressor designed for heavy-duty refrigeration services.
- Hot gas bypass: Eliminates the constant on-off compressor plugging that results in excessive component wear and unnecessary electric power usage. It also delivers more precise temperature control.
- Microprocessor control: Easy-to-use digital thermostat, plus high- and low-pressure gauge, tank sight tube, and internal refrigerant sight glass.
- Fully rated capacities: Cooling capacities rated at 50°F (10°C). Standard output temperatures from 30°F to 70°F. Capacities vary when glycol mixes are used.
- Each chiller includes a safety package. This includes a high/low refrigerant pressure safety switch, a pressure relief device, motor overload protection, line and control circuit fuses, and pump switch interlock. Safety is your priority, and it's ours, too.
- Best of all, our chillers are ready-to-install. The DS Series Icewagon™, for example, is shipped ready to hook up and run. Installation is simple, usually involving only electrical and liquid connections. We're available for free telephone support if you need any help getting your chiller up and running.
- With those features, you'll also have additional options, including outdoor and split systems, and fully stainless models for food applications. Whether you need DI water, heaters, special paint, lower temperature models, oversize tanks, special pumps, special currents, or special weatherproofing, GCI Refrigeration Technologies can help.
- Industries across the board have used our chillers to protect precision manufacturing equipment and end products from damaging heat for over four decades. Some of our biggest customers use them for medical, nuclear, and food applications. In the medical industry, chillers may be used for anything from x-ray diffraction to MRI machines in hospitals. Chillers function as cooling systems in nuclear reactors, making them critical to the safe operation of nuclear power plants. In the food industry, our chillers are used for countless food, beverage, and dairy processing applications such as temperature control, cooling tunnels, and distillation. Whether you're in the plastics industry or pharmaceuticals, we can outfit your company with a product that works for you.