At GCI Refrigeration Technologies, designing industrial chillers to your requirements is our specialty. Using our standard components as a framework, we can help you select and personalize your chiller for meticulous application in your facility's production process.
Custom Industrial Chillers
It often takes more than a standard chiller to get the job done. That's why we offer optional features for each of our four types of industrial chillers. If a stock product just won't cut it, GCI Refrigeration Technologies is here to help you select and customize the air-condensing or water-condensing chiller that best fits your needs. You may need a custom unit if:
- You need extra damage and corrosion resistance
- You have an atypical installation setup or facility space
- You need special controls, instrumentation, or electronics
- You need components such as pumps, motors, compressors, and tanks of varying capacities
- You have unusual temperature requirements
- You require specific safety features
- You need company-specified paints and finishes
Our Experience Building Custom Industrial Chillers
In addition to the decades of experience we have as a company, our team of professionals offers extensive knowledge and skillsets in assisting our customers with their industrial cooling needs. As part of our simple, customer-centered philosophy, it is our goal to help each one find and customize the right industrial chiller for their specific application and offer competitive pricing on each finished product. Having designed custom-built chillers for a diverse range of industries and highly specialized processes, we can help you find the right chiller at the right price.
Our Previous Custom Industrial Chiller Customers
We manufacture custom chillers for a broad spectrum of industrial processes, including food, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, plastics and rubber, chemicals, metalworking, nuclear science, ceramic manufacturing, vapor recovery, medical, cannabis, and gas and oil. For more information on the industries and companies we've served, please visit our customer page.
If you've dealt with the frustrating task of trying to make a standard industrial chiller work for your advanced applications, GCI Refrigeration Technologies can help. To request more information on designing industrial chillers customized to your requirements, contact us today at (225) 926-6950.
- Corrosion Resistance to the Environment - By using stainless steel frames and covers; and To The Coolant by using exotic materials to prevent corrosion of the coolant circuit. Though GCI standard units employ all stainless steel and copper in contact with your coolant, specialized materials are available -- cupro-nickel for use with sea water, plastic piping or stainless steel for deionized water.
- Unique Configurations - If your application requires a physical configuration that is different, GCI can accommodate individual needs. The cover photo shows a special workstation arrangement required by a machine tool manufacturer for cooling a high-speed spindle. Other unique configurations include designs to fit inside the customer's system.
- Special Controls - Chiller units can be controlled in unique ways. Remote sensors can monitor process parameters and control the cooling to make the process operate in the optimum manner. Remote controls allow placement of chillers in distant locations, whereas the controls can remain in a more convenient place.
- Special Electrical Specifications - Explosion-proof electrics are necessary for situations where the chiller must operate in hazardous atmospheres. Where hazardous conditions always exist (Div.1 specification), special electricals are mandated. When the hazardous conditions do not always exist (Div. 2 specification), purged or pressurized electrical enclosures offer the required safety at reasonable cost. Unusual electrical specification can include uncommon voltages, sealed systems for
- Special Pumps - Self-priming pumps or pumps of unusual metallurgy can be specified; or pumps can be fitted with special motors or impellers to provide high pressure or high flow.
- Special Temperatures - Virtually any temperature range that you can envision can be accommodated.
- Dual Refrigeration Systems - Two complete refrigeration systems (dual compressors) can be fitted for those applications with widely varying loads or where redundancy (back-up) is important.
- Standard Options - More easily produced than a custom chiller, a standard GCI chiller can incorporate any of the following options at modest cost: Special paints and colors. Outdoor installation packages Special temperature controllers, digital or analog Special instrumentation. Mounting clips or casters. Remote switching. Large/small tanks. No tank - arranged for once-through cooling. Additional safety switches: low flow, low temperature, high temperature, low water pressure, etc.
- A wide range of capacities in custom-designed chillers for specialized cooling
- Air and Water Condensing Models
- Special Options on Standard Models
- Models with Modified Systems, Special Components or Controls
- Total Custom Engineering